Search Tools: Web | News | Images | Forums
Signs & Symptoms
The 10 most common symptoms for Alzheimer's disease include:
1. Loss of Memory: Forgetting some recent incidents and inability to recall information is a common sign of AD.
2. Performance of familiar tasks: People face difficulty in performing daily activities such as preparing a meal or coffee, operating an oven, making a telephone call, or playing a game.
6. Abstract thinking: People with AD experience a ...difficulty in performing complex mental tasks such as adding numbers, multiplying, dividing, subtracting, and sometimes even forget the purpose of numbers and calculation.
7. Misplacing articles: People tend to misplace articles in unusual places such as placing a wristwatch in a sugar bowl or a plastic container in a gas stove.
8. Mood or behavioral changes: People suffering from AD exhibit rapid changes in moods - going from a happy, joyous mood to tears to anger for no apparent reason.
9. Change in personality: Dramatic changes in personality of people suffering from AD are observed, such as they become extremely confused, suspicious, fearful or more dependent on family members.
10. Loss of initiative: People suffering from AD become passive. For example watching TV for longer durations, sleeping for longer hours and not performing normal activities (11).
Article by Kona Vishnu, MS
Page Covers: What are the symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease?
OmniMedicalSearch does not provide medical advice and the Medical Conditions & Diseases section is for informational purposes only. Please see our Medical Disclaimer and always consult with your physician.
Page Last Modified: