We've compiled this
serendipitous list of searchable databases to provide you
with access to even more authoritative health and medical
- American Hospital Directory
- American College of Surgeons Approved
- CancerLit - Bibliographic database
containing more than a million citations and abstracts related
to cancer from over 4,000 different sources.
- CenterWatch.com - Clinical Trials
- Centre for Reviews
- CiteHealth - Reports on United States health
care providers including hospitals, nursing homes, dialysis
centers, rehab centers, and more.
- Citeline Citeline provides
the world’s most comprehensive real-time R&D intelligence
to the pharmaceutical industry, covering global clinical
trial, investigator and drug intelligence. Our data is drawn
from over 20,000 unique sources and analysed by the industry’s
largest team – over 250 full-time expert analysts
- Cure Research - Symptoms, diagnosis
and treatment information including a database of statistics
and cross-referenced medical information.
- Diseases Database - Cross-referenced
database of clinical medicine to provide links to topic-specific
pages from other websites.
- Doctor Directory
- Doctor's Guide
- DynaMed - A medical information
database with over 2,000 diseases.
- EU Health - Online database giving
access to information and documents on health plans and
initiatives within the European union.
- Family Practice Notebook - A
compendium of notes on approaches to common problems seen
in family practice with supporting references.
- General Practice Notebook - Database
of clinical medicine with a search facility. (United Kingdom)
- Health on the Net Database
- HealthLine.com - Consumer oriented
medical search engine with Health Channels
- IndMED: Indian Biomedical Journals
Database - Bibliographic aggregation of peer-reviewed
- Jeghers Medical Index - The Jeghers Medical Index
is a glimpse of early to mid twentieth century medicine
as seen through the literature collected by Harold J. Jeghers,
M.D., a noted twentieth century American physician. Browse
this one of a kind collection.
- Journal Watch
- Medical Consent Forms - A searchable
online database by commercial subscription consisting of
forms for clinicians for CPT4-coded procedures as well as
- MediLexicon - Dictionary of medical
and pharmaceutical acronyms, abbreviations and terms.
- MedlinePlus Drug Information
- Guide to prescription and over-the-counter medications
provided by the United States Pharmacopeia.
- Mediscan Image Search
- Merck Manual
- Merck Manual - Home Edition
- Merck Manual of Geriatrics
- NCI Screening Data 3D Miner: Cancer
- A tool for interactive analysis and visualization of the
National Cancer Institute anti-tumor datasets. Contains
41,000 chemical compounds versus 155 cancer cell lines.
- New Medicine: OncologyKnowledgeBase
- Database which includes new technologies and products
in development against cancer. This is a subscription-based
- Intute (Old OMNI) - Searchable catalog of select
evaluated health and medicine Internet resources.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man
- Catalog of human genes and genetic disorders authored
and edited by Dr. Victor A. McKusick and his colleagues
at Johns Hopkins University and elsewhere.
- Research resources for Evidence Based
Nursing - Evaluated nursing research resources, links
to online nursing databases, guidelines, statistics, and
full text resources.
- Web4Health.info - Free medical
advice on mental health, psychology, personality disorders,
relationships, stress, anxiety, depression, emotional abuse,
substance abuse, sexual abuse, types of mental illness,